Polygon’s Bug Bounty is Live on Immunefi: US$1000 to US$2M to win!!
Polygon x Immunefi
Polygon’s bug bounty program is running live on Immunefi. Prominent DeFi bug bounty platform is offering bounty to the highest tune of US$2,000,000. Security researchers might want to walk the road to greatness in the blockchain space. Hackers chase projects. Bounty awaits you!
What Does the Bounty Program Focus on to Prevent?
This bug bounty program is focused on smart contracts with an essential focus on preventing the following Bug Bounties:
- Loss of user funds via direct theft or irreversible freezing
- Theft of unclaimed yield
- Freezing of unclaimed yield
- Temporary freezing of funds for any amount of time
- Unable to call smart contract
- Network shutdown
- Smart contract gas drainage
- Smart contract fails to deliver promised returns
- Checkpoint manipulation
- Protection of Delegated and Staked Amount on Smart Contract
- Securing Bridge Transfers (Minting, Withdrawal)
- Double spend by getting the clients to accept a different chain
- Double spend by validating malicious blocks
- Tamper/manipulate blockchain history to invalidate transactions
- Cause a user to mint tokens to their account
- Undermine consensus mechanism to split the chain
- Censorship (e.g. on checkpoints)
- Steal tokens from node
- Prevent node from accessing the network
- Abuse bugs in the economic system to defraud other participants (e.g. avoid transaction fees to full nodes)
- Denial of service attacks
- Chain halt and shutting down the network, etc.
The challenge level (complexity) solved shall determine the tune of the bounty, ranging from $1000 to $200,000, depending upon the criticality. Security researchers unfamiliar with Polygon can click here to learn more about bug bounty hunting. Know Your Customer (KYC) formalities are required to enter the contest. To submit a bug, click now.
Rewards Distribution Thresholds
Bug bounty rewards’ distribution would be done depending upon the respective vulnerabilities. Per the 5-level scale of the Immunefi Vulnerability Severity Classification System, dedicated scales are given for websites / apps and smart contracts / blockchains. Submitting a PoC plus a solution suggestion for Critical and High-bug reports is a must. If they are Medium Web / App bug reports, a PoC is required.
NOTE: A high-quality solution suggestion can possibly receive a bonus from the Polygon team.
Immunefi platform offers prominent bug bounty and security services for DeFi. Its services include the world’s largest bounties. It protects over US$50 billion in user funds in relation to some of these projects: Synthetix, Chainlink, SushiSwap, PancakeSwap, Bancor, Cream Finance, Compound, Alchemix, Nexus Mutual, etc. In paying bug bounties, Immunefi is a leading company in the entire software industry.
- Medium: https://medium.com/immunefi
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/immunefi
- Website: https://immunefi.com/